See below for all our current available jobs
Looking to pursue or further your career within the hospitality industry? Here you will find all the available opportunities with Lake District Hotels Ltd, a group of 7 family owned and run hotels.
We love to hear from passionate people who we can keep on file for future reference. Just send your CV and a covering letter through to email@example.com
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and a brief sample of work in PDF format, along with salary requirements to Kit Graves (Director) - firstname.lastname@example.org
A well established family owned group of seven 3 & 4 star properties in the Lake District seeks a residential interior designer with a passion for hospitality design as well as some knowledge of property maintenance.
As a full or part-time designer (min 30 hours per week) you will be working under your own initiative creating interior design concepts, presentations and technical documentation for the owners, manufacturers and suppliers. The interior designer will be responsible for keeping all the hotels up to the high standards expected and will be involved in designing bedrooms, bathrooms, bar/restaurants, function rooms and leisure facilities together with the architects and the hotel directors. As well as updating the interior of the hotel, the designer will also be required to keep an eye on the fabric of the hotel buildings and related staff houses and instruct resident handymen and exterior builders to ensure they are kept in good order.
* degree in interior design and a minimum of 3 years proven experience in the 4/5 star hotel market
* ability to source and detail furniture, soft furnishing, joinery, bathroom and lighting
* experience in negotiating prices and controlling purchases as well as sourcing the latest products within our industry
* experience with Sketch-up, Auto CAD, Adobe Creative Suite
* live no more than 30 miles from work place (Keswick)
For further details and to apply for the position please contact Angie Gunbas on 017687 87010 or email email@example.com
We require a reservations agent based at our Central Reservations Office at the Lodore Falls Hotel, taking reservations for all our 7 Lake District hotels. Salary based on experience. Bonus opportunity available. Great staff benefits.
The position includes some evening and weekend shifts, knowledge of Reslynx reservations system desirable however training will be given.
For further details and to apply for the position please contact Donna or Dale on 017687 73333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The role will require a high level of guest interaction; dealing with check-in, checkout, restaurant bookings, guest queries as well as using Guestline booking system to record bedroom bookings. There is an emphasis on administration to ensure the correct details for each booking are held.
The role would suit an outgoing, friendly, welcoming personality, with a positive can-do attitude. Preferably someone who has already worked in a hotel environment, however for the right candidate this is not essential. The role will involve evening and weekend shifts, working any 5 days from 7 on a weekly Rota. Live-in is available.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with a key F&B focus for this luxury town centre hotel in a stunning location in the Lake District.
An Assistant Manager is sought after to assist in the running of the hotel and the dining operation. You will be a very hands on, service focused manager with an excellent guest focus, with strong social skills to build a rapport with the guests.
To be considered for this role candidates should have an F&B led hotel background, perhaps currently working as an experienced bar or restaurant manager or HOD looking to take on more responsibility.
* Fantastic personality and charisma and a real presence as the Assistant Manager for this operation
* Previous experience as mentioned above
* A real self-starter, motivated and keen to get stuck into the role, happy to assist in all aspects of the venue including Duty Management shifts
* Innovative with the ability to train and develop the team to a high standard and the ability to motivate other people to provide the highest standards of service
* Passionate and knowledgeable about food and wine
* Personable with the ability to talk to customers at all levels
* Great eye for detail
The starting salary for this role will be dependent on the candidate and experience and starts at £18,000. Live-in is available. Great staff benefits.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.
For further details and to apply for the position please contact Jane Redmond on 017687 77285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We require the following staff to work alongside a great team of enthusiastic, hard working people.
The successful candidate will be already working to at least one, and preferably two AA Rosette level and be able to demonstrate a stable career path through quality establishments.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience working in a similar role within a busy hotel and be able to bring fresh ideas with them.
This beautiful 4 star hotel situated on the shore of Derwent Water is looking to recruit a full-time therapist to work in our busy Elemis beauty salon. Initially this position is to cover maternity leave but could be permanent.
You will be immaculately presented, have excellent command of English, fantastic communication skills and be a great people person. Ideally the successful candidate will be qualified to NVQ Level 3 and have extensive experience in a wide range of body treatments
- Perform all beauty treatments to the specified requirement, as requested by the salon manager
- Promote treatment and product sales and show good product knowledge
- Provide a warm, efficient and professional service to the clientele
- Positive attitude, good communication skills and professional manner
- Enthusiastic, organised with a methodical approach to work
- Well groomed and presentable and adhere to the highest level of hygiene at all times
For further details and to apply for the position please contact Neels or Maria on 017687 72071 or email email@example.com
The Skiddaw Hotel is situated in the centre of the bustling market town of Keswick and we are looking for someone to join our busy, friendly team. We are looking for people with the passion and drive to assist us in improving our standards even further. Our busy, multi-purpose kitchen serves our bar/conservatory, restaurant and function suite so you will need to be able to switch between serving functions of up to 90, bistro style food and our table d hote menu in the restaurant.
For further details and to apply for the position please contact David or John on 01768 862696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We require the following staff to work alongside a great team of enthusiastic, hard working people. Live-in is available.
An opportunity has arisen for a reliable and conscientious where you will be responsible for the security of the hotel and guests.
Responsibilities as Night Porter
* Looking after Reception
* Being proactive in resolving all guest issues
* Responsible for the security and health & safety of the hotel and guests overnight
* Responding to room service requests – light meals and refreshments
* Provide the highest level of service in a courteous and professional manner
* Resolving any problems that occur during the shift
* Setting up and preparation of conference & banqueting rooms
The prestigious George Hotel in Penrith Is seeking a head bar tender to manage stock and maintain standards. A can do attitude and a friendly out going personality are essential. Promotion opportunities within Lake District Hotels is available for the right candidate. Contact the hotel direct on 01768862696 for an informal chat or to arrange an interview.
Reporting into the General Manager and Deputy Manager you will take responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the day to day operations of this 35 bedroomed hotel, driving the department managers and motivating, coaching and mentoring the team. You will have previous experience in management with a sound knowledge of food and drink in a similar sized property. You will be expected to ensure that guests receive amazing hospitality at all times, that all staff are able to deliver service exceeding guest expectations and enhancing the guest journey at every opportunity.
Our Assistant manager must have excellent communication skills, be a team player and enjoy a hands-on role and have passion for hospitality delivering service with a smile.
For further details and to apply for the position please contact Gary or Teresa on 01768 82444 or email email@example.com