Are you a dog-loving traveler looking for a paw-fect getaway? Well…we have some tail-wagging news just for you!
Here at Lake District Hotels, we understand that your four-legged friends are an integral part of your family. That’s why we’re excited to introduce our latest promotion, exclusively designed for dog lovers like you…
What's the Offer and How Do I Book?
Book a room with us during October at one of our 6 dog-friendly hotels and bring your furry family member for FREE!
We have accommodation located in Keswick, Borrowdale and Ullswater. Take a look at our hotels which are designed to cater for a variety of styles and budgets:
- Inn on the Lake, Ullswater
- Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, Borrowdale
- Borrowdale Hotel, Borrowdale
- Kings Arms Hotel, Keswick
- Inn on the Square, Keswick
- Skiddaw Hotel, Keswick
Book online (select ‘Dog (free of charge)’ add-on in checkout) or call our friendly reservations team on 0330 0564 880.
Please note: This offer is only valid for one dog, per room, per night – any extra will be charged at each hotel’s regular rate of £15.
Why Should I Fetch My Dog to the Lake District?
The Lake District is famously dog friendly with a plethora of things to do:
- Podgy Paws: This friendly independent pet store is based in the heart of Keswick; five time winner of Kennel Club’s ‘UK’s Most Dog Friendly Town’ award. Treat your dog with a trip to doggy paradise, they have a large variety of stock: harnesses, leads, collars, toys, treats and so much more! At Podgy Paws, they often run doggy competitions and are experts in knowledge of fun, paw-printed adventures.
- Keswick Launch: Embark on a relaxing boat trip around Lake Derwentwater and enjoy all the natural beauty it has to admire. Take in unique, stunning vistas of Skiddaw, Catbells and the breath-taking scenery of the ‘Jaws of Borrowdale’. Well-behaved pups are welcome aboard and are free of charge!
- Derwent Pencil Museum, Keswick : If you’re in the Lake District, you can’t miss visiting the birthplace of the world’s first pencil! Go on a journey to discover the history behind the creation of this revolutionary object. What’s more – you can take your furry family member along for the ride, providing they are kept on a lead at all times.
- The Puzzling Place, Keswick: In the mood to try something a little different and a little weird? You should try Keswick’s optical illusion experience – there are a variety of physics-defying rooms to test…there’s even an anti-gravity room! Well-behaved dogs are free to join you (on a short leash) as you encounter this fun family activity.
- Ullswater Steamers: This local business has been ongoing for over 160 years! Set sail with your furry friend on a scenic cruise across the tranquil waters of the beautiful Ullswater. Embrace the serenity of nature as you and your pup take in the breathtaking views, gentle breezes and soothing sounds of the water current. Water bowls are accessible and dogs can join you aboard for just £1.
- Aira Force – Go on a mesmerising adventure and witness the sheer beauty of a cascading waterfall up close. Aira Force is a brilliant photo opportunity and is carefully maintained by the National Trust. Dogs on a lead are welcome in the following areas: the waterfall, the picnic area and the tea room. There are also regular water bowls scattered around the car park and the tea room to ensure your pup stays hydrated.
- Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum: Explore the museum’s indoor exhibits to learn about local mining history and view mineral samples. You can also head outside to see vintage excavators and take a scenic ride on the railway for unique views of the quarry, featuring classic steam and diesel engines for all to enjoy. Well-behaved dogs are allowed on the museum site, inside the museum building and even on the train!