Consider yourself a keen photographer?
Lake District Hotels have teamed up with Our Lake District on Instagram to scout out some of your best photos of the Northern Lake District.
The Lake District as a whole is a large place, but the Northernmost part of the Lakes consists of Bassenthwaite, Derwentwater, Thirlmere, Crummock Water, Buttermere, Loweswater and Ullswater plus the surrounding fells. The Lake District National Park association describes the Northern part of the Lake District as “the most peaceful” with plenty of opportunity to snap some idyllic photos.
To celebrate the fact that visitors are now allowed to stay overnight in our hotels and showcase the beauty of the area, we’re giving away 5 FANTASTIC PRIZES to the creators of our 5 favourite images.
What’s more, to increase your chances of winning, you are able to submit multiple entries!
How to enter our Lake District photo competition
Please note, this Lake District photo competition is being run on Instagram; therefore, you must have an Instagram account to enter.
- Follow @lakedistricthotels
- Follow @ourlakedistrict
- Post your best Lake District photos and use the hashtag #LDHmemories
5 lucky winners will be selected by our teams and the prizes are as follows:
- 1st place – overnight stay in a Deluxe Spa Suite at the Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa
- 2nd place – Spa Day at The Falls Spa
- 3rd place – Hiker’s Picnic Board at the Skiddaw Hotel
- 4th place – OurLakeDistrict Blea Tarn Hoodie & Great Gable Beanie
- 5th place – 4 x OurLakeDistrict tees
Terms & Conditions
Please read all T&Cs carefully
- Photos must be your own original image and not stolen or purchased.
- If you are selected as one of our competition winners, you agree for your photo to be used in our future marketing material without attribution.
- Prizes will only be issued when Lake District Hotels are in receipt of a high-resolution version of your image.
- Photos must be posted to your own Instagram grid to qualify, photos posted to Instagram stories will not be considered.
- You must use the #LDHmemories in your image caption.
- You must follow both @lakedistricthotels and @ourlakedistrict
- Winners will be contacted on Instagram by the @lakedistricthotels account directly.
- Once winners have been contacted and we are in receipt of the original high-resolution images, winners will be announced on both the @lakedistricthotels and @ourlakedistrict Instagram story. The 5 winning photos will also be shared on our Instagram grid.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
- Both the overnight stay and spa day are to be taken Sunday – Thursday and exclude weekends or bank holidays. Your preferred dates are subject to availability and are not able to book until after October 2021 at the earliest.
Please be aware of fake accounts pretending to be either Lake District Hotels or Our Lake District. We will not contact anyone until after the competition closes on 30th July 2021.
Lake District Photo Competition Ideas
We are looking for a whole range of exciting photos that showcase the beauty and excitement that the Lake District has to offer, so don’t forget to hashtag #LDHmemories.
If you need some inspiration for when you’re next out and about snapping photos, see our photo suggestions below
Outdoor activities (hiking, paddleboarding kayaking, swimming)
Friends & family photos
Food and drink photos at any one of our hotels (Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, Inn on the Lake, Borrowdale Hotel, Inn on the Square, Skiddaw Hotel & Kings Arms)
Dogs and local animals