With Christmas only a few days away, Graham Ball, Head Chef at the Borrowdale Hotel has come up with some easy step by step festive canapes, which you can make at home to wow your dinner guests. Follow these 3 recipes but if it all sounds too much like hard work, why not come visit us at the Borrowdale Hotel.
Cranberry & Brie Wonton with a Sweet Chili Dip
- 3 wonton pastry squares
- 75g brie
- Cranberry sauce
- sweet chili sauce
- Place wonton pastry squares onto a kitchen board.
- Cut brie in to small wedges, then place small wedge onto each wonton pastry square.
- Add 1/2 tsp of cranberry sauce on top of the brie.
- Moist the edges of the wonton pastry squares with a little water, then wrap around the brie and cranberry, making sure that all sides are sealed.
- Deep fry until golden in colour.
- Serve with a small side portion of sweet chili sauce
Pancetta & King Prawn Skewer with a Basil Pesto Mayonnaise
- 3 king prawns
- 3 slices pancetta (thin)
- Basil pesto
- Remove head and shell from king prawns.
- Wrap a slice of pancetta around each king prawn.
- Place wooden skewer through the middle of the prawn and pancetta to hold in place.
- Place under a heated grill for 3/4 minutes.
- For the basil pesto mayonnaise, add 1 tsp of basil pesto to 1 tbsp of mayonnaise and mix together.
Confit Goose Leg Crostini with Red Onion Marmalade
- 50g confit goose leg
- Red Onion marmalade
- Balsamic syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 160.
- Place goose leg in an oven proof tin and cover with a drizzle of oil.
- Cover the tin with foil and place in the oven for 3 hours, until soft.
- Slice 3 slices of the baguette, 1/2 cm thick.
- Lightly toast under the grill and then evenly spread balsamic syrup on each slice.
- Once the confit goose is cooked, strip the leg of all it’s meat till shredded. Place on top of baguette slice.
- Then place 1/2 tsp of red onion marmalade on top.