We are incredibly pleased to announce that we have just launched a range of fabulous new benefits for our staff… and they are definitely worth getting excited about!
We understand that our staff are integral to everything we do, from the service we provide to our company values, so we wanted to give all Lake District Hotels employees some staff benefits to really smile about.
The following benefits are our way of saying thank you to all our dedicated team members, and some of them are fantastic opportunities to get acquainted with our family-run business and the local area.
Please note, to access any of the following benefits you must have a Lake District Hotels Staff Benefits Card which can be requested from our HR Manager. Staff Benefits Cards can be acquired upon successful completion of your 3-month probation period.
We are proud to offer a fantastic range of discounts for staff across all 6 of our hotels and within the local area.
- Up to 50% off room rates across all 6 hotels
- Up to 50% off food for you and a friend across all 6 hotels
- Exclusive discounts at various tourist attractions across the Lake District
ROOM RATES: 50% off available from 1st November – 31st March. 25% off available from 1st April – 31st October. Excludes Christmas & New Year packages.
FOOD DISCOUNTS: discount valid for a maximum of 2 people, only available Sunday – Thursday. Discounts on Mizu only available at lunchtimes on these days, drinks are not included
General Staff Benefits
- 28 days holiday per year which increases by 1 day every year after 5 years successful service (to a maximum of 33 days holiday per annum)
- Staff meals on duty
- Live-in accommodation available for hospitality which includes 3 meals a day, WiFi & laundry facilities
- Tips are shared between hotel staff every 3 months
Training & Development
We want our employees to be able to grow and continue to progress within their career path, so we give staff the opportunity to learn while earning.
- Apprenticeship training – work towards gaining nationally recognised qualifications up to level 6
- Accredited compliance training – learn and develop through our online training system
Staff Appreciation & Recognition
It is incredibly important to us that our staff are recognized and celebrated for their hard work and dedication to the company.
- Annual Employee Appreciation Awards Ceremony hosted by the company Directors to celebrate career milestones
- Annual Outstanding Employee Award
- Quarterly Outstanding Employee Award
Health & Wellbeing
Live well and healthy, physically and mentally, during your time with Lake District Hotels. We can help you take care of private and personal matters.
- Well-being programme – staff have free access to our well-being app and one-to-one counselling service to support and guide them through challenging times
Please ask our HR team for more information on this.
Other exciting opportunities
As well as having the opportunity to progress through your career, there are some other ways for our employees to earn more money while they work.
- Refer a Friend scheme – refer a friend to work for the company and receive a £500 bonus
- Monthly Prize Draw to win 1 of 3 £50 Lake District Hotels vouchers
REFER A FRIEND: if your friend completes a successful 3-month probation period you will receive £250. If your friend is employed for 6 months you will receive a second payment of £250. Both the referrer and referee must be employed by Lake District Hotels to receive the bonus.
For full terms & conditions for all our benefits, please email our HR department.
Start your career with Lake District Hotels
If any of our fantastic staff benefits and development opportunities have not yet convinced you to take up a career within one of the most renowned companies in the Lake District, perhaps the beauty of the region will sway you.
Trade in your stressful commute for scenic walks or drives through the countryside. Wake up being surrounded by picturesque mountains and Lakeland scenery. Meet likeminded people and develop lifelong friendships.