A Record Breaking Mother’s Day at Lake District Hotels
Mother’s Day is steeped in tradition… a day that we should all stop and take notice of the special ladies in our lives, by picking up the phone, buying some pretty flowers or treating her to a delicious meal. This Mother’s Day was no exception as we were delighted to welcome 346 Mums and Grandmothers to join us at our seven Lake District Hotels for a very special Mothers Day.
Mum, Mom or Mother, no matter how you spell it or say it all mums secretly love to be spoilt… So at each of our hotels we like to include a FREE gift for all Mum’s that enjoy a delicious Sunday lunch or an Afternoon Tea with us. In total we received a record breaking Mother’s Day serving 735 Sunday lunches and 250 afternoon tea’s.
Have a read on to discover fun and interesting facts about Mother’s Day…
● Mother’s Day is the day on which mothers and motherhood are honored. The day is celebrated all over the world although not on the same date
● An outstanding 36% of Mum’s would prefer to get something homemade on Mother’s Day
● Mother’s Day sees around one quarter of all flowers purchased throughout the year falling on this holiday
● Average spend for Mother’s Day is now £30
● There are more phone calls made on Mother’s Day than on any other day of the year.
● Mother’s Day became a recognized holiday in 1914 in the United States.
● There are approximately 2 billion mothers in the world, with 4 babies born each second.
If you were unable to make it on the 6th March, don’t worry we serve Sunday Lunch & Afternoon Teas throughout the year!