2023 not only marks an exciting year for The Kings Arms Hotel in Keswick as the hotel has undergone a full ground-floor refurbishment… but it’s also the hotel’s 40th birthday!
The year officially marks 40 years since the hotel was purchased by the Graves family and the legacy of Lake District Hotels first started.
To honour the hotel’s ‘Ruby anniversary’, we are doing something to mark the special occasion every single month of the year (following reopening on Monday 20th February) and we would like to invite you to join in on the celebrations.
What’s more, we will also be launching a Quiz Night on the first Thursday of every month and running live music nights throughout the year! Keep and eye on our Facebook page for more information.
If that’s not enough, we are running a limited-time ‘40th Anniversary Ale’ and a ‘Kings Arms Ruby Gin’ which will be available all throughout the year at our bar! Make sure to try them while they’re here if you’re visiting the Lake District at any point in 2023.
100 ROOMS FOR £100!
To mark our grand reopening following an extensive renovation that has truly transformed the hotel, we’re selling 100 rooms for JUST £100 bed & breakfast!
This amazing offer enables you to be one of the first to stay in the ‘new’ Kings Arms Hotel and is available on stays between 20th February – 2nd March (excluding Friday 24th & Saturday 25th February).
P.S, as well as refurbishing the reception, bar and restaurant areas, we have also revamped 7 of our hotel bedrooms into quirky Lake District hideaways that perfectly reflect the new personality of the Kings Arms.
March & April
CAKE & ALE BREAK
If you’re unable to stay within the first 2 weeks of reopening, don’t worry! We are running another fantastic ‘Cake & Ale’ accommodation offer.
This offer gets our birthday celebrations off to an appropriate start, giving all guests who book a complimentary slice of birthday cake and pint of our ‘40th Anniversary Ale’ when they arrive! What a welcome. And if you don’t like ale, you can exchange it for a glass of house wine instead.
From £170 per room, this offer includes:
- Overnight accommodation in the refurbished Keswick town-centre hotel
- Dinner on the night you arrive in the new restaurant
- Full Cumbrian breakfast the following morning
- Dogs stay FREE (usually £15 per dog per night)
- Pint of ‘40th Anniversary Ale’
- Slice of birthday cake
- FREE Hike & Bike book which depicts walking and cycling routes around the area
KINGS CORONATION SPECIALS
The month of May not only marks the Kings Arms 40th birthday, but it’s the month of King Charles III’s coronation! A double whammy for ‘royal’ celebrations.
To mark both occasions equally, we will be offering a whole month of tasty ‘Kings Coronation specials’ which will be available to purchase in our bar or restaurant.
The specials are currently in the works, but just some of the tasty treats you can anticipate are Bakewell tarts, Pimm’s & pavlova trifle, venison & black pudding scotch egg plus more. They will be available daily in the Bar & Restaurant.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information.
MEAL DEALS FOR £19.83
The Kings Arms was first purchase in 1983, so we thought it seemed only appropriate to offer a selection of monthly meal deals which will cost you £19.83.
These meal deals will be available daily in June and are served in our bar & restaurant.
Watch this space for updates on these foodie specials.
To be announced…
We are currently busy working to bring you an exciting promotion for the month of July. We will announce this very soon once we work out finishing touches!
KING-SIZE BURGER EATING CHALLENGE
Do you have a king-size appetite? If so, you might just have what is takes to take on our ‘King-Size Burger Eating Challenge’.
Not for the faint-hearted, throughout August we are serving up mammoth burgers and you are invited to see if you can finish it all.
Expect 1lb of beef topped with BBQ pulled pork, jalapeños, coleslaw, smoked bacon fritters, skinny fries, lettuce, tomato, onion rings, Monterey Jack cheese and the Kings Arms secret homemade sauce, all in a homemade 7” sesame seed bun.
This immense burger will cost you £27.50, but if you can finish it all within 15-minutes, it’s on us!
80S THEMED FOODIE SPECIALS
For the month of September, we’re throwing it back to the decade where it all began. We will have a selection of foodie specials available that will transport you right back to the era of leg-warmers, big hair & spandex.
Tuck into comforting specials such as Chicken Kiev, Arctic Roll and Sherry Trifle amongst others.
These specials will be available daily in the Bar and Restaurant.
To be announced…
We are currently busy working to bring you an exciting promotion for the month of October. We will announce this very soon once we work out finishing touches!
This is the month you have been waiting for. We will be offering our customers 40p pints with the purchase of any Main Course!
Take a seat in our bar our restaurant and order any Main Course, Pub Classic, Burger OR Pie from our menu and you can enjoy a pint of ale alongside it for just 40p.
Choose from either our Birthday Ale or Carlsberg. Available between 11:30am-3pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Offer NOT VALID with the purchase of any sandwiches, jacket potatoes, starters, sides or desserts
- Offer valid with the purchase of any Main Course, Pub Classic, Burger OR Pie only
- Guests are limited to ONE 40p pint per person, per main course
- You must be eating a main course to be entitled to a 40p pint (i.e., if you are in a group of 4 but only 2 people in the group purchase a main course, only the 2 people dining will qualify for a 40p pint)
- 40p pints must be ordered at the same time as your main course order and cannot be ordered before/after a food order has already been processed. If you are dining in the bar, please place your order at the till. If you are dining in the restaurant, please place your order with your server.
When it comes to December, Christmas will be in full swing throughout the hotel, but this year we are tying in the festivities with our anniversary celebrations.
Unmissable festive dining specials will be available for guests to enjoy daily in the bar and restaurant. Guaranteed to make your taste buds tingle, our festive specials will fill you with festive cheer, but also fill your stomach.
Expect seasonal specials from merry mains to stocking fillers – whether you fancy a full-blown Turkey roast or simply a bowl of pigs-in-blankets, there will be plenty to choose from.
If you are in the Lake District in December, make sure to see our fantastic Christmas decorations – it will be the first time displaying them in the new-look hotel!
- Our first Quiz Night will be held on Thursday 2nd March from 8pm. There will be a £1 per person fee to enter which will be donated directly to our charity of the year.
- Join us on Thursday 30th March for an evening of live music, brought to you by local musician Ged Hagan. With his acoustic repertoire of folk, country, rock’n’roll and Irish classics, Ged is guaranteed to set the mood and ensure a great evening.