Learning and Development
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing learning and development opportunities that support our teams to achieve excellence and become the best that they can be.
New employees joining the organisation will undergo an induction training programme, part of which will include being enrolled in our hospitality specific online learning platform where they start their training journey with us. Development at Lake District Hotels is provided on an ongoing basis to support our teams to develop their skills and knowledge as well as providing them with the confidence to excel. Training takes a number of forms and may be tutor-led, distance learning, online or on the job.
We are always looking for our next generation of leaders and have recently launched our Hotel Academy - page coming soon!
Lake District Hotels are proud to offer the latest online training technology through Flow Hospitality Training. Delivering an evolving learning and development platform tailored to our hotels, the portfolio of engaging modules covers health and safety training to ensure 100% of our employees are compliant, plus other modules covering cocktail making, beer, wine and customer service, all with a nationally recognised certificate personalised to each person who has successfully completed each module. It is a great tool which complements further on-the-job training.
If you are passionate about food, eager to learn, ambitious enough to work under pressure in a busy kitchen and be rewarded by your hard work then get ready to kick-start your career with us!
If you are aged 16 plus you could be eligible to join a Kitchen or Front of House apprenticeship. Here are some great reasons to join us:
• One year programme with guaranteed employment offer
• Familiarisation trips to suppliers
• Accredited professional qualification & certificate
• Earn up to £21,000 after just 2 years at Chef de Partie level
• £1000 incentive on completion of your training
• One night’s dinner, bed and breakfast for you and a guest in one of our 6 hotels
• Up to 2 weeks work experience in a European hotel
• Graduation lunch for you and your family when you achieve your qualification
• Celebratory dinner with our Executive Chef or General Manager
Interested in joining our apprenticeship scheme? Contact Maria at email@example.com