With the nights are getting darker and cooler, people want to venture out less and less… but you can still have fun without going far. Throw a dinner party and gather everyone together, you’ll really WOW your guests with Brian Alston, Head Chef at the Skiddaw Hotel’s recipe for white chocolate panna cotta with passion fruit coulis.
Follow Brian’s easy step-by-step recipe to make this delicious dessert…
White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Coulis
Ingredients – White Chocolate Panna Cotta
– 500ml double cream
– 150ml semi skimmed milk
– 100g white chocolate
– 25g caster sugar
– 4 gelatine leaves
Ingredients – Passion Fruit Coulis
– 6 passion fruit
– 200ml orange juice
– 25g sugar
Time to prep 10 min
Time to cook 20 min plus 6 hrs setting time
Instructions – White Chocolate Panna Cotta
1. Soak gelatine leaves in warm water until soft, then drain off the excess water.
2. Mix double cream, milk, chocolate and sugar together in a pan, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add gelatine leaves, stir and simmer again for 5 minutes.
4. Pour into 6 equal moulds approx. 125ml.
5. Leave in fridge to set.
6. Once set dip mould in warm water and turn upside down on a plate, drizzled the passion fruit coulis round.
Instructions – Passion Fruit Coulis
1. Cut the passion fruit in half and scrap out the seeds, place in a pan with orange juice and caster sugar, bring to simmer, then allow to cool in a fridge.