At the heart of every successful company lies a team of dedicated, hard-working individuals. In line with our young tradition of acknowledging and honouring their incredible contributions, Lake District Hotels recently hosted the third annual Employee Awards ceremony – an afternoon devoted to shining a spotlight on success, at which we had over 40 attendees.
The ceremony was a jubilant affair, where colleagues mingled and shared enthusiasm in each other’s success at a drink’s reception held at the Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa. This was followed by a delightful festive afternoon tea which offered an opportunity for all to come together, relax and enjoy some delectable treats.
Significant Achievement in Hospitality Awards
Lake District Hotels makes a point of appreciating self-development and so this year, we applauded the individuals who have achieved significant milestones in their educational journeys within the hospitality industry. These remarkable people have gone above and beyond the challenges of their roles with a keen dedication to furthering their knowledge and skills. Through determination and hard work, between them they have earned a variety of qualifications that serve to better themselves and our company as a whole. Congratulations to you all, we look forward to witnessing your continued growth within Lake District Hotels.
- Thomas Batty, Inn on the Lake, Level 6: Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
- Peter Schmidt, Inn on the Lake, Level 3: Hospitality Supervisor – Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Chloe Rogers, Borrowdale Hotel, Level 3: Hospitality Supervisor – Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Jannie Groenwald, Head Office, Level 7: Construction Senior Management
- Alexa Bujdoso, Borrowdale Hotel, Level 2: Commis Chef
- Kerry Prothero, Head Office, Payroll Technician Course
- Nora Horvath, Borrowdale Hotel, Level 3: Hospitality Supervisor – Food & Beverage Supervisor
Long Service Awards
This event was used as a platform to express appreciation towards long-standing members of staff who have devoted a significant part of their lives to Lake District Hotels. Their loyalty, dedication and growth serves as a testament to their brilliance, and we honour all these individuals and wish them the best of luck in continuing their career with us.
- Eileen, 40 years at Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa.
- Jannie, 20 years at Inn on the Lake and more recently in Head Office.
- JP, 15 years at the Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, Borrowdale Hotel and now at Kings Arms Hotel.
- Perlita, 10 years at Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa.
- Michelle, 15 years at Inn on the Lake.
- Taher, 10 years at Inn on the Lake.
It is important to recognise and celebrate those who have demonstrated remarkable talent and dedication, who have not only excelled in their roles, but have achieved well-deserved promotions. These awards serve as a tribute to Lake District Hotel’s nurturing environment as we follow a doctrine of promoting from within and returning loyalty to our staff. Congratulations to those who have taken their careers to new heights this year!
- Phillipe, Skiddaw Hotel, promoted to Senior CDP.
- Chloe, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to HR Co-ordinator.
- Steven, Inn on the Square, promoted to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Srikanth, Inn on the Square, promoted to Head Chef.
- Maria, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to General Manager.
- Nicola, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to F&B Supervisor.
- Iain, Inn on the Square, promoted to Supervisor.
- Jodey, Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, promoted to Supervisor.
- Naomi, Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, promoted to Head Therapist.
- Kara, Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, promoted to Bar Supervisor.
- Caylah, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to Trainee Duty Manager.
- Tatiana, Kings Arms Hotel, promoted to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Nora, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to Restaurant Manager.
- Kieran, Skiddaw Hotel, promoted to Bar Supervisor.
- Justin, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to Sous Chef.
- Erdzhan, Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, promoted to Spa Butler Supervisor.
- James, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to Trainee Duty Manager.
- James, Kings Arms Hotel, promoted to Bar Supervisor.
- Jonathan, Kings Arms Hotel, promoted to Commis Chef.
- Lorna, Skiddaw Hotel, promoted to F&B Manager.
- John, Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa, promoted to Duty Manager.
- Steven, Borrowdale Hotel, promoted to CDP.
'Going the Extra Mile' Award
Trish Irving, our Purchase Ledger, was named the winner of the ‘Going the Extra Mile’ accolade for her incredible work decorating all our hotels in time for Santa’s arrival every year without fail! Her creativity and dedication in adorning our company with festive cheer has truly made the the Christmas period extra special for guests and employees. We recognise her dedication, passion and commitment; she spends her own time, all year round, working tirelessly to plan and transform our hotels into enchanting festive wonderlands, all the while still fulfilling her full-time responsibilities. It’s a pleasure to have you as part of our team, we couldn’t be more thankful for your hard work.
'Employee of the Year' Award
This year’s ‘Employee of the Year’ award was given to Jodey Houston who is a familiar face and Supervisor in Mizu at the Lodore Falls Hotel & Spa. She is an employee that shines brightly and performs her job to an exceptional standard. Jodey joined us as a junior team member and has worked her way upwards to Supervisor level, she is extremely committed and we know that her team is immensely proud of her. Throughout the year her remarkable growth, dedication and passion has been noticed by many, so we’d like to extend our congratulations once again.
We extend our heartfelt congratulations to all the winners and nominees who continue to make our company a lovely second home with their dedication and passion. The success of our company is undoubtedly rooted in the remarkable talents and efforts of our exceptional team. Here’s to another year of growth, success, and celebrating the incredible achievements of our staff. Until next year’s ceremony, let’s continue to strive for excellence and support each other every step of the way.